Academic Sponsored Research

Special requirements pertain to academic sponsored research as follows:

  • Funding: Funds for academic funded studies are typically held by Fraser Health if it is a funding agency’s requirement or by the academic sponsor, in which case an agreement is usually required by the academic institution with Fraser Health and the principal investigator. Fraser Health principal investigators are responsible for complying with any funding agency requirements regarding the use and reporting of use of funds.
  • Indemnification: Academic institutions and health authorities assume responsibility for own liability.
  • Insurance: As Health Authorities and Canadian universities are governmental institutions, each institution is covered by governmental insurance.