Surrey Poster Competition
March 1, 2016 | 12pm-4pm
SMH 3rd floor critical care tower (rooms SMH3.525 and SMH3.526)
What is this event for?
The purpose of this event is to provide an opportunity for anyone that works at SMH and JPOCSC to disseminate research, evaluation, or quality improvement findings and promote knowledge translation for the application of evidence into practice. You can either present a poster or attend to view the posters - learn from and about your colleagues! This event is funded by the Surrey Hospital & Outpatient Centre Foundation and Fraser Health’s Department of Evaluation and Research Services.
Who can participate?
Any employee or physician that works at the SMH or the JPOCSC site can participate in this event in two ways:
- Become an attendee
Register at https://ccrs.vch.ca/Catalog.aspx?cid=5615
Note: if you are presenting, you do not need to register through CCRS.
- Become a presenter
You must work at the SMH or JPOCSC site to enter the Poster Competition. You can enter the competition if you have recently completed, within the last 4 years, one of the following projects on a clinical or health-services topic that had clear results:
- A research study,
- An evaluation or quality improvement project, or
- A graduate student thesis, major papers, and capstone projects or systematic reviews (preferably conducted in Fraser Health).
What are the awards for the competition?
This event is a poster competition. Awards will be given to the top three posters.
- 1st prize: registration and travel fees to a Canadian health-related conference up to $800.
- 2nd prize: reimbursement of the cost of printing the poster, or registration to a Canadian health-related conference or subscription to a journal, up to a value of $150.
- 3rd prize: reimbursement of the cost of printing the poster, or registration to a Canadian health-related conference or subscription to a journal, up to a value of $100.
Contact Magdalena.Newman@fraserhealth.ca or Parveen.Sangha@fraserhealth.ca.